Skincare japanese beauty UV care anti-aging Asian gensen onsen

Understanding the process of skin aging

80% of skin aging is caused by UV rays but what about the other 20%? A large portion of that is from excessive free radicals. What exactly does that mean? Free radicals are caused by the natural process of living. However, things like pollution, alcohol and stress cause excessive free radical damage which then ages the skin.

Don’t fear, antioxidants are here!

There is something you can do! Antioxidants completely get rid of excessive free radical damage. For the best results, nourish your skin from the inside and out!

For the inside

Antioxidants are mostly found in bright coloured fruits and vegetables. People say it again and again, make your plates look like rainbows. You may be tired of hearing/reading it, but it’s not without reason, they are great for you.

Other sources of antioxidants (because sometimes healthy eating is hard):

-Green tea: it’s loaded with antioxidants and one of the healthiest drinks for you (apart from water). It does have caffeine so it makes a great alternative to coffee as a pick-me-up. However, you would need about 3 cups of green tea to get the same amount of caffeine as a cup of coffee, so if you’re sensitive to caffeine, give green tea a go!

-Dark chocolate: Easter is coming as is the abundance of chocolate. Don’t restrict yourself, you’re allowed that small indulgence. Just stick to dark chocolate. It not only has less sugar than regular milk chocolate, but it’s full of antioxidants and other minerals like iron, magnesium, copper and manganese.

Applied topically

Gensen uses yuzu and soybean extract to nourish your skin with antioxidants to banish those free radicals that age the skin. Yuzu also gives Gensen’s signature refreshing fragrance which means there are no artificial fragrances in Gensen’s products. The Revitalising Moisturiser also has squalene to protect your skin from pollution, smoke and other environmental factors that cause free radical damage.

See key ingredients of Gensen

Skincare japanese beauty UV care anti-aging Asian gensen onsen yuzu soy